Besides following Company Act, Securities and Exchange Act, and other relevant laws in the Republic of China, Global Lighting Technologies also establishes “Principles of Corporate Governance Practice”, “Integrity Management Rules”, and “Corporate Social Responsibility Practice Regulations” as the accordance for effective corporate governance structure so as to protect shareholders’ rights & interests, strengthen the functions of Board of Diectors, fulfill the functions of the Audit Committee, respect stakeholders’ rights & interests, and enhance information transparency.
Scope of Authority and Duties
- Deal with matters related to Board of Directors and Shareholders Meetings according to the regulations.
- Finish the meeting minutes of the Board of Directors and Shareholders Meetings.
- Assist the Director to take office and continue advanced study.
- Provide Directors the information required for business operation.
- Assist Directors to comply with the laws.
- Handle other matters specified in the Company Articles or contracts.
Important Points of Business Execution for 2019
- Established corporate governance structure.
- Drew up or modified relevant regulations for corporate governance.
- Provided Directors the information required for duty execution.
- Arranged advanced study for Directors.
- Set up meeting agenda for Board of Directors and informed everyone seven days prior to the event; convened the meeting and provided meeting information; reminded related Directors in advance if subject to be discussed required interest avoidance, and finished the meeting minutes within 20 days after it ended.
- Assisted the meeting procedure & law-compliance matters for the Board of Directors and Shareholders Meetings.
- Reviewed the matters of issuing important news of important resolutions made in the Board of Director Meeting after the closure to ensure the legitimacy and correctness of the content.
- Dealt with the pre-registration of the date of the Shareholders Meeting according to the laws, preparing for the meeting notice, meeting handbook, and meeting minutes within the legal timeframe as well as handling company registration modification when the article of Incorporation was revised or reappointment election was held for new Directors.
- Handled the annual Board of Directors Meeting and the performance evaluation of the members.
- Dealt with disclosure of company information and webpage maintenance.
- Handled the liability insurance for the Directors.
Advanced Study for 2019
|ORGANIZER||NAME OF THE COURSE||DATE||HOURS|
|Securities and Futures Institute||2019 Promotional Explanation Meeting of Law-Compliance of Internal Stock Transaction for Listed and Non-listed Public Companies||08/02/19’||3|
|Securities and Futures Institute||Advanced Practice Seminar for Directors and Controllers (including independent ones)/ Corporate Governance Supervisors –Corporate Governance and Operation of Board of Directors||08/28/19’||3|
|Accounting Research and Development Foundation||The Impact of the New Labor Incident Act on Enterprises and Law-Compliance Audit Practice||10/22/19’||6|
|Taiwan Stock Exchange||Promotional Explanation Meeting of Effective Fulfillment of Director’s Authority and Duty||11/21/19’||3|
|Total Time of Advanced Study in 2019: 15 hours.|